As the world undergoes a speedy shift in its perception of cannabis, the need for specialised cannabis rehab programmes has become increasingly apparent. With the growing acceptance and legalisation of marijuana across numerous regions, the potential risks and challenges associated with its use have come to the forefront.
Oasis Bradford aims to shed light on the emerging field of cannabis rehab, focusing on the importance of multiple treatment approaches, debunking common misconceptions, and exploring the potential benefits of seeking professional help for cannabis-related issues. By delving into this evolving attitude to cannabis, we hope to foster a better understanding of how individuals can regain control of their lives and thrive beyond their cannabis addiction.
What is cannabis rehab?
Cannabis rehab, also referred to as marijuana rehab or treatment for cannabis addiction, encompasses specialised programmes and interventions designed to assist individuals in overcoming their addiction.
The primary objective of rehab is to support individuals in developing healthier coping mechanisms, addressing underlying issues contributing to their cannabis use, and achieving long-term abstinence from marijuana. It’s important to note that these programmes aim to recognise and address problematic patterns of use without stigmatising or condemning individuals who consume marijuana. By seeking cannabis rehab, individuals can acquire the necessary tools and support to break free from cannabis dependency, embarking on a journey of recovery and personal growth.
Do I need cannabis rehab?
While many individuals can use cannabis recreationally without experiencing significant negative consequences, others may find themselves caught in a cycle of compulsive use that affects their daily lives and overall well-being. Recognising the signs that indicate a need for cannabis rehab is crucial in helping individuals who may be struggling with drug addiction or dependency on this substance.
Common signs that could indicate the need for cannabis rehab can include:
- Loss of control: They struggle to limit or control their cannabis use, often consuming larger amounts or using it more frequently than intended.
- Cravings and preoccupation: They constantly think about using cannabis and experience intense cravings when not using it.
- Tolerance: They require increasing amounts of cannabis to achieve the desired effects, indicating a growing tolerance to its effects.
- Withdrawal symptoms: When attempting to stop or reduce cannabis use, they experience withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, insomnia, anxiety, restlessness, loss of appetite, or physical discomfort.
- Neglecting responsibilities: Cannabis use starts interfering with important aspects of their life, such as work, school, relationships, or personal responsibilities.
- Social and relationship problems: Their cannabis use leads to conflicts or issues in their relationships with family, friends, or significant others.
- Neglecting hobbies and activities: They lose interest in previously enjoyed activities or hobbies, instead preferring to spend most of their time using cannabis.
- Physical or psychological health issues: They experience physical or mental health problems related to their cannabis use, such as respiratory issues, memory problems, cognitive impairment, anxiety, or depression.
If multiple of these signs are observed, it could suggest that the person would benefit from professional assistance, such as cannabis rehab. Whether you are personally worried about your own cannabis consumption or seeking information to assist someone you care about, promoting awareness and early intervention can empower individuals to regain control over their lives.
What does cannabis rehab entail?
At Oasis Bradford, the treatment process for cannabis addiction begins with a medical detox to eliminate any remaining traces of the drug from the body. While a cannabis detox is generally considered safe, it is crucial to conduct it under medical supervision due to the potential for intense psychological withdrawal symptoms, including depression. This period is also when the risk of relapse is highest, as individuals may have a habit of retaking cannabis or seeking to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
During the cannabis detox phase, our facility ensures 24/7 medical supervision to provide inpatients with the necessary physical and psychological support. Our tranquil facilities create a comfortable environment for individuals undergoing detox, enhancing their chances of successful recovery.
Once the initial drug detox process is completed, inpatients progress to cannabis rehab, where they dedicate time to recuperate both physically and mentally over the following weeks.
Oasis Bradford incorporates various therapy approaches within cannabis rehab. Some examples can include:
- Individual counselling: Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) is one example of a valuable therapeutic approach used throughout cannabis rehab. By combining cognitive-behavioural strategies with mindfulness techniques, DBT can support individuals in their journey towards recovery from cannabis addiction by effectively managing cravings, regulating emotions, and coping with the challenges associated with substance use.
- Group and family therapy: Peer support is fostered through group therapy, where individuals can connect with others who have similar experiences with cannabis addiction. Additionally, involving loved ones in family therapy helps repair relationships and actively engages them in the recovery process.
- Holistic approaches: Oasis Bradford’s cannabis rehab programme may integrate holistic therapies like art therapy, meditation, yoga, and mindfulness. These complementary practices aim to promote overall well-being, reduce stress levels, and facilitate the reconnection of individuals with themselves on physical, emotional, and spiritual levels.
At Oasis Bradford, cannabis rehab follows a comprehensive and structured approach to address addiction, support individuals through recovery, and empower them to make lasting positive changes in their lives.
What support is available after completing cannabis rehab?
Upon successfully completing cannabis rehab at Oasis Bradford, individuals are provided with a valuable opportunity for a year of complimentary aftercare. This comprehensive programme includes access to online meetings, which serve as a secure environment for recovering individuals to openly share and express their experiences during and after their stay at the facility. Additionally, participants will benefit from the perks of our Alumni programme.
Our aftercare services offer an ongoing source of inspiration and empower individuals with the confidence needed to maintain their sobriety.
What are the next steps?
If you or a loved one are experiencing concerns regarding cannabis addiction, the initial and crucial step towards recovery is to seek assistance. Take action today by contacting us at Oasis Bradford, where you can begin your journey towards a drug-free life through enrollment in our comprehensive drug rehab programme.